Santa Barbara, California American Riviera Golf with Adventure
7 days/6 nights/ 3 rounds with Kayaking at Channel Islands National Park or Choice of More Golf or Other Adventure Activities
Number of days: 7 days - 6 nights with optional add on days/nights at The Ojai Valley Inn, Spa and Golf Resort.
Destinations: Santa Barbara and Channel Islands
• Day 1 - Arrive at LAX Airport. A Black & White Car rental representative will meet you at curbside and take you to your rental vehicle. Car rental and tax included in tour price. You pay for insurance and any extras. Drive two hours north along the coast to Santa Barbara. Check in to Fess Parker Doubletree or Ramada Inn (or similar). Rates vary depending on hotel choice and time of year.
• Day 2 - Golf along the Ocean at Sandpiper Golf Resort . Sandpiper Golf Club- An Inspiring combination of challenge and beauty as championship golf brings you to the edge of the Pacific Ocean. With breathtaking ocean and mountain views from every hole, Sandpiper is truly a memorable experience. The championship golf course at Sandpiper has been rated by Golf Digest in the top twenty-five public golf courses in the country. It was designed by William F. Bell and opened in 1972 featuring beautiful rolling fairways and challenging greens in a seaside links style layout. Sandpiper's dynamic design attracts players of all skill levels including players of the highest caliber. Measuring 7159 yards, with championship rating of 75.1, Sandpiper has challenged the abilities of the PGA and LPGA players alike, playing host to several professional tournaments including: The PGA Tour Tournament Players Series, The LPGA Tour Santa Barbara Women's Open, and the prestigious final stage of the PGA Tour Qualifying school. Sandpiper combines traditional championship golf and spectacular surroundings to provide guests with something much more than a round of golf. http://www.sandpipergolf.com/.
• Day 3 - Play 18 holes at Glen Annie Golf Club, a championship golf course situated in the rolling foothills of scenic Santa Barbara. This challenging layout is enhanced by breathtaking panoramic ocean and mountain views and is always maintained with the highest standards. 6,420 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course rating is 71.1 and it has a slope rating of 122 on Bermuda grass.
• Day 4 - Golf at Rancho San Marcos. Rancho San Marcos - An instant classic, Rancho San Marcos exudes the understated elegance and exclusivity that only private clubs extol. Rancho San Marcos, conveniently located 15 minutes from Santa Barbara, encompasses an incredible piece of property with magnificent vistas surrounded only by nature's beauty. Combined with the skills of master course designer Robert Trent Jones Jr., you have the unparalleled golf experience which is Rancho San Marcos. Mr. Jones used the natural beauty of the land, the centuries-old oak trees, and several historic ranch buildings to create the ambiance of a classic course steeped in history. At 6,939 yards and a par 71, Rancho San Marcos provides golfers of all skill levels an enjoyable and rewarding golf experience. The course rating is 73.1 and it has a slope rating of 135. Golf Magazine named it one of the "Top 10 Golf Courses You Can Play." and Golf Digest gave Rancho San Marcos 4 1/2 stars among the top 201 golf courses in the United States. Rancho San Marcos and its stunning scenery has also been featured in national advertising campaigns for both print and television.
• Day 5 - Visit the Channel Islands National Park for kayaking caves and coves exploration with Santa Barbara Adventure Company as your host and guide. (Boat transport from nearby Ventura Harbor).
• Day 6 - Optional outdoor activities available at an extra charge added to tour price.
Select golf or activities you want to enjoy:
1. La Purisma Golf Course, Lompoc (45 minute drive North from Santa Barbara)
One pursuit and passion...golf, pure golf. Enjoy a superior 18-hole Championship design by world-renowned architect Robert Muir Graves and the beautiful year-round Santa Barbara golf conditions on this Central Coast gem. It's only 20 minutes away from the charming Danish town of Solvang, with its gourmet eateries, great shopping and the Chumash Hotel & Casino. http://www.lapurisimagolf.com/
2. Horseback riding @ Circle Bar B Riding Stables
3. Whale watching
4. Escorted Day Hike with lunch. Join Santa Barbara Day Hike Company for an escorted hike along beautiful trails that offer panoramic views of Santa Barbara and surroundings. Pick you hike at: http://www.sbdhc.com/
5. Shopping along Historic State Street in Santa Barbara
6. Escorted Wine Country Tours offered by the Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Tour includes: Air-conditioned van service, all wine tasting fees (private tastings and winery tours available for groups of 10+), enjoyable lunch, cold beverages, knowledgeable guide, discussion on wine making as well as natural and human history. Your guide will take care of all the details while you enjoy the heart of Santa Ynez wine country, home to several very popular California vintners. This tour is a great opportunity to sample and learn about the region’s wines.
7. Eat This, Shoot That food and photo tour, a 2-hour food tasting and photo walking tour through Santa Barbara’s Funk Zone and magical waterfront. Learn how to take awesome photos and taste some of the best food at different restaurants in Santa Barbara.
8. Savor Santa Barbara Food Tours, a guided 3.5 hour food and drink walking tour explores some of the most historic and gastronomic neighborhoods of Santa Barbara. Combining some of the oldest and newest eateries with local history, culture and architecture, you'll experience seven distinct tastings of food, beer and wine while strolling the off-the-beaten path. This tour aims to provide a fun, unique perspective of the American Riviera. This less than 2 mile walking and tasting tour is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. So, if your taste buds and toes are interested, please join us for a delectable afternoon stroll among the red-tile roofs of Santa Barbara!
10. Taste Santa Barbara Food Tours - enjoy a 3.5 hour progressive lunch through famous Downtown Santa Barbara. Experience, savor, explore and taste your way through downtown SB. Walk and learn all about the SB culture, architecture, history and of course the food! You’ll pick up some fun facts – locals, we encourage you to join us for the fun. This tour is foodie tested and approved! Suitable for most ages, all fitness levels (under 2 easy miles and burn some calories too).
11. Lotusland, a unique 37-acre estate and botanic garden situated in the foothills of Montecito to the east of the city of Santa Barbara.
• Day 7 - Check out of hotel and drive two hours to LAX. Return rental vehicle. Tour ends unless you:
ADD MORE DAYS AND NIGHTS AT THE OJAI VALLEY INN, SPA AND GOLF RESORT, A SHORT DRIVE INLAND FROM SANTA BARBARA
In 2015, the Inn was honored among the Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 Hotels in the World editor-selected Gold List and was selected by the Travel + Leisure readers as one of the Best Hotels in the World, affirming the Inn as a treasured destination that authentically combines the regions unspoiled spirituality with 21st century luxury. The world-class Ojai Country Club was one of the first great golf courses in Southern California. Designed and originally built in 1923 under the direction of George C. Thomas, Jr. and Billy Bell, the course was hailed as "a marvel of golfing architecture." Thomas, who also designed courses at the Riviera, Bel-Air and Los Angeles country clubs, had two initial considerations for the Ojai course: "...that the average golfer could enjoy his round without too great a penalty, and that a test must be afforded requiring the low-handicap man to play fine golf in order to secure pars."
Ramada: From $1.720 per Person (Double Basis). Upgrade to Fess Parker Doubletree by Hilton Available at an additional charge. Rtaes depend on season of travel.
Tour includes car rental from LAX, six nights hotel double occupancy, 3 rounds of golf and kayaking day trip to Channel Islands or choice of 4th round of golf or other adventure activity (from detailed itinerary). Any additional activities you select will be added to the tour price. Price per person double occupancy. Hotel rates are seasonal and total tour price will vary depending on the time of year you travel and whether you will stay over both weekend nights. Single room rates also available on request. Option to extend your stay in Ojai for additional cost. Pricing for motor coach and tour guide on request for large groups.